Below is a short discussion inspired by Lisa Nichols on Episode #979 of The School of Greatness Podcast.
We can find our purpose by how we treat ourselves, how we make decisions, and how we take action. If we think positive thoughts, speak words of positivity, and act according to our goals, we are working towards our purpose in this world.
In this episode of School of Greatness, Lewis Howes and Lisa Nichols talk about how to find purpose in life, despite the our flaws and the challenges we face.
How do we find our purpose in life? We find it by the way we think, the energy we put out into the world, and the way we take action.
- With how we think: We can accept who we are, commit to who we can be, seek helpful information, and abandon harmful habits. We should also keep from comparing ourselves with others and focus on our own journey.
- With the energy we put out: We can uplift ourselves with positive self-talk. When we think positive thoughts, we can manifest the same energy into the world.
- With the actions we take: Our positive thinking should be accompanied by action. When we have found our main purpose, we can break them down into smaller goals, set milestones, and do everyday action that work towards our goals.
To find our purpose, we should open ourselves to changing how think of and treat ourselves, and others. When we begin to make these changes, we will be surprised by how much our lives can transform.
the distilld lessons
These are the distilld lessons from Episode #979 of The School of Greatness Podcast.
Self-care isn't self-indulgence. It's more than movie marathons and cheat days. It's not just a pledge of self-acceptance. It is a commitment to improvement.
To improve means to take in new information. Sometimes, it doesn’t show us what to do but what we’ve been doing wrong.
Just like broken bones need to be re-broken to heal properly, be prepared to break old habits to improve your future. Inconvenience and pain is part of growth.
Comparing your joy and suffering with others is counterproductive. No journey is the same. Focus on yours and respect theirs.
Tackle good days with gratitude. Tackle bad days with possibility. Tell yourself that things will get better. If you feel like you’re at a low point, find lessons and apply it to better yourself.
In pursuing purpose, thinking it isn’t enough. Talking about it isn’t enough. Put in the work, too. Ultimately, it’s action that causes transformation.
- Take self-care seriously. More than rest and relaxation, make sure you do things that enrich your being and improve your life.
- Brave new information. We must be open to new information and let go of bad habits, even if it hurts.
- Don’t compare your life with others. Everyone’s journey is different.
- Speak positivity, and follow it up with action. Our thoughts are what we end up manifesting to the world.
For a more in depth conversation, the distilld lessons (extended) are here.